- Gain practical work experience in Community Development issues and initiatives.
- Get involved in various tasks related to Community Development Projects.
- Work with a dedicated Supervisor to guide you for professional work experience.
- Make an impact in helping rural communities through Community Development.
- Be inspired through empowering others and making a difference.
Our virtual / remote Community Development internship is a very meaningful internship program which is designed to help address the needs of various community development issues and initiatives. There are certain underdeveloped communities in Nepal, who are lacking basic needs such as housing, schools, toilets and drinking water taps as well as facing many more challenges which you will be involved in finding solutions for.
As an intern you will have an opportunity to develop your understanding and broaden your skills for working in an NGO, being actively involved to gain hands-on experience working on project development, strategic planning, program implementation and research. In order to get a full understanding of the holistic community development approach, the intern will have an opportunity to research and work on various community issues and help through sharing your ideas for community empowerment initiatives with them.
As an intern in our virtual / remote Community Development Internship Program, you will :
- Assist in the development and planning of Community projects and events.
- Research and identify Community Development issues and initiatives in developing countries.
- Help with strategic planning, program implementation and research.
- Empower rural communities for income generation and economic development.
- Help to run various community awareness campaigns on community issues.
- Research the impact of rural community development on socio economic development.
- Prepare innovative business plans, proposals for entrepreneurs to help develop sustainable community livelihood projects and programs.
Learning Outcomes form the Programs:
- Enhance your understanding of the community development issues and initiatives.
- Learn about the impact of sustainable community development for rural livelihoods.
- Gain practical work experience working in community development projects.
- Learn about the process of sustainable community development and its modality.
- Feel inspired to engage in Community Development work.
Skills & Requirements:
Relevant academic background.
Fluency in written and spoken English
Strong communications skills
An ability to meet deadlines
An interest in Social Work / Social Issues
Ability to work well independently
The program includes:
Customized internship placement in your desired program with flexible duration, start dates and weekly hours.
Welcome orientation and cultural immersion programs.
Internship placement focused on professional career development and skill competencies.
Individual program guidance, internship monitoring and check-ins.
Certificate and Reference letter upon completion of your internship program.
Please always feel free to contact us for more information about the program.